Everything essentially must end.... the day ENDS, the week ENDS, life ENDS, there are dead-END roads, ENDS of sentences, ENDS of relationships, ENDS of vacations.... etc.
What I don't like about endings is that they are final. When a story is over and it is completed by THE END - nothing is added to it. You can expect no continuation of that story. It just ends.
Right now I am at the end of a few things in my life. I am not longer an Undergrad student. That part of my life has come to an end. I am no longer a child - although at times I wish I were. That part of my life has come to an end.
What disheartens me the most though... is I'm at the end of a relationship. One that has meant the world to me. It has shaped so many of my thoughts, dreams, ideas, and goals. It has been the driving force and support. It has encouraged me, built me up, loved me, and helped me. I owe so much of who I am to this relationship. I can't even imagine my life without it, and yet, I stand here at the end looking back on such a great relationship wondering why now. But inevitably it too has...
an end.
Goodbye
roghnaigh téigh in éag
ReplyDelete