The last few weeks have taught me alot. I've learned things about God, myself, and the people I call friends.
I live a very compartmentalized life. I have a life at home in Decatur and a life in Birmingham. I have "friends" who would not get along with the others. I have taken pride in this for many years. I am glad that my friend group ranges from loud, rambunctious people to quiet, simple people. I am friends with musicians, runners, seminary hopefuls, soon-to-be missionaries, construction workers, machinists, respiratory therapists, accountants, pizza drivers, teachers, professional servers, nurses, Christians, agnostics, atheists, lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, straight, singles, moms and dads, married couples, adults.... the list goes on.
I am proud that I can call so many different types of people friend. Somehow in all this KNOWING People though I feel unknown. Being in Birmingham again has made me feel at least a small bit more understood and loved.
**I'll be honest this blog started one way. I began it with an idea that I was deciding to limit my group to people who lift me up and who make an effort. I take that back. I am proud that I reach out to so many different people. I had an awesome conversation with Emily last night. I really love her. I wouldn't live where I live if I didn't have a wonderful variety in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment